Last Shout - Posted by: «seS»jackal_71 - Thursday, 13 June 2013 19:59
Newp

Go Back   seS Forum > «seS»Public - Viewable by EVERYONE (public access) > Portal News

Portal News News and info from the portal page.

Old 15-01-08, 09:24 AM   #1
«seS»Slaine

Exclamation Do NOT upgrade to Vista SP1

It appears that the newly released service pack work M$ windows Vista (SP1) carries with it a small but significant catch. Within the patch there lurks a small change to DirectX10 (10 - 10.1) which seems to negate nVidia altogether. See link.
Quote:
Vista Service Pack 1 comes with an important update for gamers - DirectX 10.1. The catch? You need brand new hardware to support it, and NVIDIA enthusiasts are left totally out in the cold.
Quote:
Although DirectX 10.1 is fully backwards-compatible with DirectX 10 features and hardware, the reverse isn’t true. Neither NVIDIA’s GeForce 8 series nor ATI’s Radeon HD 2x series of GPUs support DirectX 10.1. ATI’s new products – the Radeon 3870 and 3850 – do support DirectX 10.1, but NVIDIA apparently has no plans to release a DirectX 10.1-capable GPU.
Scared? well don't panic yet - links further down the page seem to suggest that the problem has been solved for now... watch this space (and have a nice cup of camomile)

Last edited by «seS»Slaine; 15-01-08 at 09:28 AM.
Old 15-01-08, 04:20 PM   #2
«seS»WARHIRE
«seS»STAFF

«seS»WARHIRE is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to «seS»WARHIRE

just like the update from DX9 to DX9c 99.9% will not be affected.

«seS»WARHIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-08, 12:25 PM   #3
«seS»Slaine

yup - I over-reacted a bit... I saw later that the incompatibility issues are irrelevent since, like with any other drivers... if your hardware can't handle it, it ain't an option.

bet I got yah sweating tho'